Digital Marketing includes all the marketing efforts that use the internet. Most businesses leverage digital channels such as social media, search engines, website and email to connect with current and prospective customers.
With the ease at which people access the internet, every day the number of people who go online is still increasing at an exceedingly rapid rate. This means that offline marketing isn’t as effective as it used to be in the past.
Marketing has always been revolved around connecting with your audience in the right place and at the right time. Today the right place to meet them is on the internet where they spend most of their time engaging.
Digital marketing is really the most effective way a business can attract, engage and delight customers online.
A business owner can create a series of SEO Optimized blog posts that provide content in the specific niche he/she operates, the business owner can promote the blogs and products/services through social media and send out email campaigns to its customers.
Below I listed 5 different Digital Marketing Strategies that will work as a Backbone for your Business:
#1 Out of Top 5 Digital Marketing Strategy – Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Search Engine Optimization is the process of optimizing your website to rank at the top of search engine results, thereby increasing the number of traffic your website or blog receives.
Some of the channels you can optimize are:
- Websites/E-commerce Store
- Online Brochures
Content Marketing is the creation and promotion of content assets that are SEO optimized for the sole purpose of generating traffic growth, brand awareness, customers and lead generation.
Image Source: lyfemarketing
Content marketing is a necessity and reality for today’s business owners. Over 60% of businesses have no information listed online.
Content marketing can result in conversion rates that are 6 times higher as compared to non-users.
As we know content marketing is an SEO marketing technique for creating and distributing quality relevant, valuable and consistent SEO optimized content to acquire a defined audience with the objective of driving sales.
Contents being shared by businesses are meant to build credibility and trust while strengthening brand recognition.
To launch An SEO content marketing strategy for your business, you might want to do the following;
- Understand your audiences: don’t waste your time producing SEO content that is irrelevant and uninteresting to your target niche. Conduct in-depth research on your niche to make sure you understand their needs, buying habits and interests.
- Make your content easy to find: Whether your goal is to attract new customers, increase brand awareness or increase sales, the best way to accomplish this is by providing content your audience can use to improve their lives.
- Promote your content: If you have a large email list and a following of readers, then you wouldn’t need to worry.
#2 Out of Top 5 Digital Marketing Strategy – Email Marketing
Businesses use email marketing as a way to communicate with their audience. Email is mostly used to promote discounts, contents and direct people toward your website.
Image Source: digitalseed
Email marketing is relatively easy, quick to get started and inexpensive. When it is done properly, it can generate quite a bit of profit.
What you want to achieve is to build a list of clients, prospects, customers and subscribers who want to hear from you. You can then market to them regularly by email to remain a priority and generate more sales.
Some types of emails you can send in an email marketing are:
- Customer welcome emails
- Blog subscription newsletters
- Follow-up emails to website users who bought something
#3 Out of Top 5 Digital Marketing Strategy – Social Media Marketing
This is the process of promoting your brand and content on social media channels in other to increase traffic, brand awareness and generate leads for your business.
Image Source: digitalvidya
Virtually almost everyone on the internet is a member of at least one of the top social media sites and this makes social media the best platform to spread the word fast and cheap.
Social media has the ability to reach all ages and demographics in a cost-effective manner. Also, social media users are active and engaging. Social media aside from its marketing potential is also a good platform for customer service.
Social media provides you with a platform to showcase a lot of your business information like text, pictures, podcast marketing, and videos.
If you are new to social media, you will probably need to take a course online for a very small fee.
Some of the channels you can use for social media marketing include:
Read more about Social Media Marketing Tips.
#4 Out of Top 5 Digital Marketing Strategy – AI Chatbot
Image Source: markgrowth
AI is really transforming the way businesses interact with its customers and clients. In a recent study, 15% of respondents said that they have used a Chabot to interact with a business in the past 1 year.
Below are ways in which you can integrate bots into your digital marketing strategy:
- Qualify Leads: You can set up a bot to find where the customer is in the sales funnel. Bots can ask questions, answer questions and pass a client to a sales rep whenever appropriate.
- Interact with website visitors: Bots are the easiest way to chat with customers. They can be programmed to answer questions and then pass the customer to a real person for further information.
- Personalize the experience: Bots can be programmed to take in information from customers so that they can be personalized for a better user experience.
AI Chatbot can really help your business by improving your marketing, customer service, and customer experience. Chatbot marketing may seem new to you, but it is rapidly gaining lots of popularity.
According to eMarketer survey, about 1.4 billion people used messaging apps in 2016, and more than 25% of the world’s population will be using chatbots by 2019.
#5 Out of Top 5 Digital Marketing Strategy – Video Marketing
One of the most super powerful channel to promote and market your business online video. It is not difficult to see why video is so popular these days – for one thing, it is an easy-to-digest format.
Image Source: bitamarketing
From Social Networks to YouTube, the video is taking over. The world reportedly watches 1 billion hours of YouTube social video per day.
Below are reasons why you need to incorporate video into your digital marketing strategy:
- Videos are educating and informing – 96% of marketers say that videos help customers understand products.
- SEO – over 80% of the total traffic will consist of video by 2021
- Staying competitive – 80% of business use video for marketing
- Boost Conversion – 90% of consumers say a video helps them make a purchasing decision
For more information, you can read here: YouTube Ideas That You Can Use For Brand Building
Before you start incorporating these marketing strategies into your business, make sure that you have specific goals and a written plan. These techniques can help you achieve your goals and succeed in the digital space.
Make sure that you keep things simple at first and start by trying out just 1 or 2 from the 5 Digital Marketing Strategies, and increase them as you get results. The most important thing is action, get into action and execute.