If you have ever considered yourself as a good advertiser and you spend most of your time on the internet, then you’re the right person to take on the job a digital marketer. The world is booming with digital platforms, and virtual space and the need for a digital marketer is in now more than ever. The job position gives a person the flexibility to work as a digital marketing freelancer and work for cool brands and agency. The era of the digital boom has also made it possible for a person to become a freelance digital marketer and improve their skills and grow professionally in a developed environment. There are more reasons to become a digital marketer than mentioned just now we’re going to take on this journey of knowing what the job requires and how you can grab a digital marketing freelance jobs.
This particular piece will cover explanation and tips of grabbing a digital marketing freelance jobs along with how to expand your freelance work online.
What does it mean to do a digital marketing freelance job?
You can be anyone residing anywhere and of any matured age and it would still not be a hindrance in your digital marketing freelance job. Freelance jobs are awarded by business firms and companies by hiring freelancers online. And so, not being able to reach office on the right won’t be a problem as your office would be wherever you want it.
Moving ahead, freelancing as a digital marketer does not require high technical skills and can be learned from using the internet suitably.
What skills are required to find a digital marketing freelance work online?
A freelance digital marketer needs to be better at various skills such as content writing, copy editing, advertisement creation, search engine optimization (SEO), and strategy building along with designing it. These multiple professional skills make a company hire freelancers online and you’ll be among those hire freelancers. We’ll talk more about it later on.
Apart from knowing what digital marketing freelancing is and what professional skills are required for it, there are certain pros and cons you should be aware of.
Pros of working as a freelance digital marketer
Freelance digital marketers love to work on their own time and roam around the places they always dreamt of roaming. This being a pro can sometimes also turn to a con when working alone makes you do all the work.
1. Work flexibility – You live wherever you want and work from wherever you want to
2. No more office meetings – you don’t have to attend any boring office meetings and sit there pretending to listen to what is being spoken as you’re your own boss
3. Choose your own clients – along with work flexibility digital marketing freelance jobs allows you to choose your own client and projects to work on
4. Save time and money – hire freelancer’s online will save their time commuting to and from the office every day which also saves them the money
5. Take leaves and vacations whenever you want – with you being your own boss, you can approve your own leave whenever you wish to
Cons of working as a freelance digital marketer
Although there are numerous pros of becoming a freelance digital marketer, the cons are also relevant and would make your life easy if you knew about them before jumping into the freelance bandwagon.
1. No fixed salary at the end of every month – as companies hire freelancers online and focus on one project with them, you’ll have to always keep a lookout on new projects to keep the in-flow of the cash
2. You’re your own hero – as you will be working alone in your own time without any team or a manager, you’ll need to sort out all the problems alone on your own
3. Need concentration – working at one’s own comfort comes at the price of ignoring all the comfort. With home comfort at your service all the time, a deep concentration is very important
4. No extra perks – as a freelancer you won’t be receiving extra incentives, insurance, and company benefits which are provided to a regular employee
With these pros and cons, let’s go ahead to look at what is the exact work of a freelancer
What exactly do digital marketing freelancers do?
The field of digital marketing is an ever-growing field with new digital tools and social media platforms coming up. These increasing number of tools and platforms make the company hire freelancers online to aid them in marketing their business. Thus, with an increase in demand for digital marketing freelancer jobs, the skills of these freelancers are also required to grow. With this, a digital marketing freelancer is required to learn every day to keep up with the changing trends.
The daily life of a digital marketing freelancer
1. Create a digital marketing strategy
2. Create Google or Facebook ads
3. Send daily or monthly report to the clients
4. Write blog posts and do copy editing
5. Create designs of website, infographics, and newsletters
6. Indulge in social media platforms to increase traffic on the website
7. Make the website of the client SEO friendly to list it under search engines results
8. Improve the speed of the website and build backlinks for the website authority
9. Holding webinars for increasing client’s website’s digital popularity
10. Discussing various future strategies with clients
These activities are relevant to building a good digital popularity of a website. Furthermore, these are the relevant skills a company looks for in a freelancer when hiring them online. So, going ahead would need you to learn and get to know what skills and experiences are required in a person to find digital marketing freelance work online.
First, you would need to set aside a right set of skills you need to learn. Going haywire in order to learn everything related to digital marketing and indulging in multi-tasking may seem for the resume but it always isn’t. So, start with a list that would set aside what exactly you need to learn and gain to become a freelance digital marketer.
1. Email Marketing
Receiving hundreds of emails tends to become annoying and people end up avoiding a maximum number of emails among them. And so you need to make an email design which catches the receiver’s eye.
2. SEO and Content Marketing
SEO is the most common but powerful way of increasing the traffic on a website. Master what SEO means and learn the art of creating great content, either text content or infographics. These posts, when made SEO friendly, will attract more customers and clicks on the website.
3. Analytics and Ads
The analysis might seem boring with all the numbers but it stands as an important part of digital marketing. Google analytics will provide you with relevant numbers of where your client’s website’s traffic coming from. Also, ads increase the visibility of a website on various social media platforms which need to be learned to gather more traffic.
These skills rank among the most sought-after skills in a digital marketing freelancer. Therefore, you can go ahead with impressing your clients by learning these skills.
See More Related Articles