Amazon SEO Strategy – Every day you hear more often how Amazon is gaining importance and weight in digital marketing. This Market Place has managed to position itself as one of the most powerful worldwide and companies must start to take it into account within their sales strategy.
Therefore, this article explains why SEO should start to include Amazon within a digital sales strategy, as well as the main tips to get our actions to favor our entire strategy as a whole
Why is it important to include Amazon in the digital sales strategy?
In order to adequately contextualize the importance that Amazon is winning in recent years, we have collected a series of data with which you will begin to look at this Market Place with different eyes:
- 80% of advertisers in digital media say that by 2019 they expect to increase or start advertising on Amazon;
- In the United States it sells half of everything that is being sold digitally;
- In the last year, Amazon went from having 2.7% of digital advertising to 4.5%, a figure that will continue to grow in 2019;
- The 65% of buyers start looking for information on Amazon when you are making a purchase, but ended up buying another web;
- Amazon has proposed to make a niche in digital advertising, so it is developing different tools for advertisers to start investing in their website. Among these tools, one can highlight remarketing, advertising based on browsing history.
As we can see, Amazon is gaining importance when one talks about the buying behavior of the online user, so starting to take it into account within an online sales strategy is no longer something that only digital marketing gurus advertise.
Some of the advantages of including Amazon within the sales strategy
For what are still a little hesitant, since to include or not Amazon within the strategy is something that affects the annual plan in a global way, we have collected some of the advantages that exist when starting to operate in the Amazon Market Place Buy Assignment Online:
- Expose our products in the Market Place of Amazon allows us to achieve a much higher level of traffic, compared to if we only operate with our digital store;
- In order to operate within Amazon we will achieve greater visibility in search engines, since as a general rule, searches related to the sale of products are headed by Amazon;
- In the same way, the latter will allow the SEO strategy to benefit in the long term by achieving greater organic traffic;
- By operating within the Amazon network, one gets many customers who do not know us, and therefore may distrust our brand feel more secure when buying our products;
- We can establish synergies with other companies since the Amazon user offers products related to your search, which may be found in our catalog;
- On the other hand, Amazon offers the whole system of purchase and delivery, therefore, we can take advantage of its entire sales structure, as well as its logistics
What is the SEO within the market place of Amazon?
Being present in the network means following SEO strategies and being aware of the search engine algorithm changes. In the case of Amazon, it is the same. Amazon has its own algorithm, although not as sophisticated as Google can be, but to which some attention should be paid if we think of including Amazon within the digital sales strategy. In this way, we will be able to gain positioning, visibility and, therefore, a greater number of sales within this website. To begin, we will say that within the Amazon algorithm the most important aspects to gain visibility are the following:
- Sales: Amazon has it clear, the greater the number of sales, the more visible your product will be. Since it is a digital sales website, prioritizing this aspect does not seem far-fetched;
- Product sold by Amazon: within the Market Place of Amazon there are several ways to operate. That is, the product may be (or not) sold by Amazon, and maybe (or not) sent by Amazon. To this titan what interests him is to earn a commission, and therefore, if the product is sold within his network, the algorithm will make it more visible.
- Title of the product: the objective is to sell, but for this, we must first find it. If we do a random search in Amazon and we look at the name of the products, ignoring the sponsored ones, it is no coincidence that the first products have a fairly extensive name. This is mainly due to the fact that the more information you offer the algorithm about your product by its name, the easier it will be for the client to find what they want;
- Prime Product: Just as the Amazon Prime service exists for a user account, companies or Amazon Business can also benefit from this service. Through the annual payment of a fee, you can benefit from different services, among which is to gain visibility within this website.
Therefore, although these are the main elements to start running our SEO strategy on Amazon, there is a lot of aspects to take into account, as if it were an SEO strategy in search engines.