What Is SMS Marketing?
SMS Marketing is sending special crusades or value-based messages for advertising purposes utilizing instant messages (SMS). These messages are for the most part intended to impart time-touchy offers, updates, and cautions to individuals who have assented to get these messages from your business.
Why is SMS Marketing Important?
These days, SMS marketing is becoming an important tool of marketing for an individual and business organization. Previously, these were used for communication with relatives, friends, and colleagues. Nowadays, SMS marketing is important for the following reasons;
- Mobile-friendly – Making your business mobile-friendly is much more important. SMS is compatible with every mobile phone. So you no need to worry about isolating some customers, or getting them onboard new technologies.
- Direct – It is the direct way to communicate your message while ensuring the messages are delivered into the right hands at the right time.
- Simple – It may feel like there is too much information to take in, emails go unread, adverts are ignored and leaflets are discarded. These SMS is small and gets the message across instantly without any messing word around.
- Trackable – Most of the service providers will provide simple delivery reporting for checking your messages that have successfully been sent. The top service providers will not only tell you when your messages have been sent successfully but also provide you with the details.
- Cost-effective – SMS campaigns of all sizes and shapes are affordable for budgets. Here, you may also get a healthy ROI (Return Of Investment). SMS is a very small but more powerful tool.
How SMS Marketing Is Done?
SMS marketing is done through the following steps;
- Improving interest in brief message server marketing – This is an area of gaining interest by both small and large business organizations. SMS marketing is about getting a message from any company via text message using a mobile phone. it is done by using a mobile device to transfer marketing communication to the interested customers.
- Collecting mobile numbers – In order to get the mobile numbers, the SMS marketing professionals will have to build a pre-existing relationship and trust in you. They will also need to know that what will be sent to the customers via SMS, not those data that you give via social media or email.
- Due Diligence – After collecting the numbers and begin to use them in your SMS campaign. There are some rules you need to remember. And these are explained below
- Opt-in-only – Before sending the text you should obtain consent from the customer.
- Unsubscribe – With each text, check that you must give an unsubscribe option in the message.
- Be aware of the cost – If a message puts them over their limit, they can sustain money from you.
Is SMS Marketing a Good Career?
Yes, SMS marketing is a very good career to build. And it is because of the following steps;
- You get to attach with numerable people – SMS marketing is all about getting your message to people and convincing them to buy your product as well as service. It needs communication with people and as a marketer; you need to find ways to engage your audience.
- It is very important to business and every industry want it – SMS marketing is used by every business organization. It is both public and commercial. And the quality of that marketing often determines a business’s success or failure. It needs good marketing to succeed and each requires a different kind of sell.
- It is one of the most creative marketing services – The messages of the SMS Marketing need to be constantly renewed, transformed and refreshed in order to cut the completing messages. Here, you can apply your creativity in all sorts of ways from developing big-picture marketing strategies to the details of what text and images to use.
How Long Does SMS Marketing Take to Start Working?
SMS marketing is a lost cost and a budget-friendly service. If you were looking for a marketing edge on your competitors, SMS marketing is the best way ever.
For this particular service, you will need a variety of experts and professionals in SMS marketing. For this, you also need an SMS marketing program expert, coordinate for on-location signage, social media experts, digital creative designers, an ROI as well as a discount budget analyst, a promotion specialist, etc. The more complete your SMS team, the sooner you get the benefits from effective marketing strategies.
To interact with the customers, you have to use CRM (Customer Relationship Management). With the help of CRM, you are able to know or understand them very well. Then you have to understand the main objectives. After analyzing the requirements, send the right messages to the right customers. Here, one thing you need to remember that no need to use open-ended messages.
Then you have to collect mobile numbers for sending messages. For this, SMS marketing professionals will have to build trust in customers. They will also need to know that what will be sending to the customers via SMS, not the data that you give via social media or email. It will take 90 seconds to reach the right customer.
Scope of SMS marketing in India: Current scenario and future
The scope of the SMS marketing in India in current as well as in the future is good. If you want to build your career as an SMS marketing professional, then you will earn a lot of money as compared to other digital marketing services along with some other benefits which are described below;
- It boasts high open rates – The average open rate for emails depends upon the industry which is between 20 to 30 percentages. Whereas the open rate of SMS messages increases day by day. Now, it is nearly 98 percentages. It is almost 90 percent of recipients in the first three seconds.
- It follows permission-based marketing – It is used just to generate random phone numbers. Users should have to opt-in to the messages by offering their numbers, whether it is for signing up for a promotion or finding out a purchase form.
- It slows you to use proper timing to your advantages – Timing is very much necessary for the success of an SMS campaign. Here, B2B marketers get into the task and use the timing as their advantages.
How Much Salary I Can Get as SMS Marketing Fresher?
Here the salary expectation for an SMS marketing fresher will be 8-10K per month. If a person has the quality of SMO, SEO, internet, then in such case the salary may be more than 15K.