Just launching an online store is not enough to line up your customers these days. With the competition growing fiercer every day, you need to gear up your plans and find a balance in garnering sales and regulating your business.
But, customer loyalty is what makes your brand stand out among all. Retaining customers has never been easy for a business. With lakhs of customers and their myriad of choices, you can never be certain when you are their favorite and when you are not.
There are uncountable things you have to look before starting your e-commerce website. But, a long-term trust is what drives your customer towards your business.
With this in mind, let have a look at what key factors should be considered to ignite “customer loyalty” in your business.
1. Keep Transparency in Every Detail
From creating a precise and compact content about your product till the payment process, everything should be crystal-clear to your customers. Secretiveness is your route to disaster and if you really want to keep yourself out of trouble, then offer your customers the transparency they deserve.
Some of the areas where you should focus on clarity are:
- Product availability: This is one of the first tasks at hand if you want to keep your customers happy. No customer wants to reach the end of the line and learn that his product is unavailable. Thus, the best way out of it would be to leave a note on the product page.
- Product Quality: The grievances over the quality of the product are numerous. People often make a wrong purchase that results in Return and Exchanges. So, make sure that your product carries all the details about size, fabric and any other additional feature to keep everything clear beforehand.
- Pricing: The price of the product is the ultimate deciding factor for your website. Hiding the actual price, giving a false discount offer or masking the delivery charges for minimum purchase would make your customers angry and it would take a fraction of their time to leave your website and buy from another. Also, keep the “FREE SHIPPING” service noticeable to your customers.
- Offers & Promotions: The elusive offers entertained by the brands are sometimes not clear enough. Make sure you are giving the genuine ones, otherwise you are going to lose more customers under such suppression.
2. Make The Shopping Personalized
Giving a personal touch to your customer’s buying behavior would not hurt at all. Predictive technology is crucial if you want to encourage your customers very cogently. Giving suggestions based on their shopping history, personal preferences, brand correspondence, location or latest inputs are some of the ways in which you can enhance the sales of your retail solution.
This type of interaction would not only enhance customer loyalty but make it easier for them to shop and search.
3. Add Reviews and Feedback
Reviews, ratings, and testimonials are some of the key elements that your page should display in adjacent to your products. It’s a human psychology to trust the word-of-mouth and this is what reviews and ratings do for you.
They are an ardent proof towards building trust and loyalty among your customers. 90% of the people rely on these social proofs before making their purchase. The feedback and reviews greatly depict the market reputation of your product, thus leaving this out would be insensible on your part.
4. Keep The Shopping Experience Similar in Mobile & Desktop
Some people feel that shopping from a desktop is much easier than on mobile. It has been analyzed a number of times that there are a very low conversion rate and revenue generation that takes place from mobile. But, the mobile traffic is still on the surge which shows that buyers make their research through mobile and make the final purchase on the desktop.
However, if you have a seamless navigation in your mobile app then there is a high probability that your customer could make his purchase while he is on the move and could be assured of a secure purchase akin to a desktop.
5. Create An Easy & Secure Payment Process
Your checkout process is the destination where you want your customers to finally reach. But, giving just a few options of payment methods can put a damp on their buying mood.
- Use multiple payment options that are in use.
- Give them an alternate option of shopping without the hassles of making an account.
- Keep the design of your process simple.
- Reassure the security and privacy through a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificate. Also, comply with the PCI Security Standards Council. Display your security credentials and the SSL & PCI badges on the site.
6. Approachable Customer Service
Earn a reputation with an excellent customer service which is consistent and dependable. A customer has a number of queries before or after the purchase of a product. So, responding to his queries at real-time, giving him accurate solutions and assuring him with truthful promises could earn some loyalty points from your customers. If you have 24/7 customer service then abide by those rules and keep that commitment. If not, then send them a message about contacting later so that they can be assured of your acknowledgment.
7. Extend Some Post-Purchase Favours
Many of the brands today offer the service of “Try before you buy” to ensure that the customer is spending his money on the right product. You can also give them a discount on their next purchase. All this would definitely fetch utmost loyalty from customers. So, if you are ready to ensure complete happiness of your customer, then extend these services.
While you are spending a lot on your marketing efforts, keep in mind that you have to build a customer loyalty side by side to maintain a healthy customer base and earn new customers in the process. Enhance the shopping experience and win the hearts of every visitor of your site.
See More Related Articles