Emails are one of the oldest ways of digital marketing and have been around for quite some time now. While some people might consider this time as the end of email marketing era but it isn’t true. All that is happening is that Email marketing is taking a new form and changing it’s branding in the market.
We will tell you everything that is changing about email marketing so that you stay one step ahead and use this new form of email marketing.
- Keep your emails targeted.
Nobody wants emails that they can’t relate to in any manner even if the email account doesn’t send these emails to spam, people will. A lot of companies had benefitted more from email marketing when they personalized these emails to a fixed target. You can add the person’s name and make sure that your emails are based according to their liking.
Every business can have a couple of standard emails marketing with each of their products and then simple analytics will tell about the consumer habits. You can think about the potential customer’s satisfaction level from their feedback, location, their spending level and how often they are in business with you. With these pointers, you can create emails that focus on them rather than treating them as a part of huge cattle.
- Take help of analytics
Have you noticed new features in Gmail lately? When you order something on Amazon or Flipkart or any E-Commerce website, and they send you an email without opening it there is a button where you can track your package. These new measures are meant to make customers more interactive with the email and works well. All such data markups are called direct call to actions.
Gmail offers four different effects that can be classified as follows;
- RSVP action – If you have a new store opening or any event, your customers can click this on their invitation email.
- Review work – If you want your customer to write a review on your service or product.
- One Click Action – Anything that you wish the user to do by just clicking once. It includes following your web page, subscribing to further emails,
- Go to action – This can be used to redirect your email reader to another website to perform further actions.
Make sure you understand these actions and try to use them in your emails. You should also test such emails before sending them out.
- Keep it simple, silly.
Remember to keep your emails simple, so users can relate to it easily. If you are marketing a product, don’t make your email sound like a boring press release. Make the design and content catchy and also add a method for the user to respond to your mail.
Another thing to remember is that most people often check their emails on the go with their mobiles and other gadgets. You should remember the following for them –
- Keep the size of your emails small so it loads faster.
- Maintain your width at around 600 pixels.
- Portrait layout is better on mobiles.
- Keep images small and avoid videos.
- Keep an optimum font size.
- Keep their focus on the response button.
- Keep changing your strategy
Anyone would hate reading the same repeated content in your promotional emails or see the same design as it could get monotonous for them. Such emails will not translate into direct business. You should always try to innovate and change your style of emails and its content quite often.
Another thing on the hate list of your potential customers include poorly formatted emails with erroneous links in them. Check your email for the following prior to hitting the send button –
- Read your email’s subject. Make it short, simple, enjoyable and something that compels the user to open and read the email.
- Read the body of the email thoroughly. Make sure you proofread it multiple times to avoid any mistakes.
- Test your email links to check for any broken or dead links.
- Send out your email to a small pool to test the waters. See the reaction and then send it to all other clients.
- Use these new tools to make it easier
There are so many tools that will help with email marketing; you have email spam checker. It rates your email quality on a scale of 0 to 100 and determines if it would be marked as spam or not. There is new email test that lets you check your raw HTML design of the email for debugging. You also have several HTML to email text converters. You should also check out some of the email sign up apps that track each referral and make sure people share your emails with their friends. Explore all these options and see what works best for you.
The final verdict
With these five great tips and bits of information, you now have the power of executing the next generation of email marketing. Remember at the heart of it all, keeping a personalized focused touch in all your emails. Also, know more about your clients and ensure your emails aren’t reaching them on a Saturday night. Vary the content, the format, and the timings while tracking the traffic to your website and this should give you ideas on which way to go.