Facebook is now one of the most popular networking sites where people from almost all age groups find a place they belong to. From creating an account to advertising for a product, Facebook has hit a fortune of likes. Well, on the other hand Google stands as firm as the former, when it comes to specializing in internet-related services, like online advertising technologies, search, cloud computing and myriads more. The fire is on- the fire between Google and Facebook, with both of them being one of the biggest internet titans, it is surprising to see how difficult it gets for companies (willing to advertise) to decide what to go for: Google Adwords or Facebook Ads.
• The Facebook Ads compound is simple and potent. Studies say it takes less than an hour to get them approved.
• Demographic and Geographic focus designed on Ads. You can now opt for specific geo areas, interests, age groups, sex, education etc.
• The approach of ‘Like’ has prodigious potential. People liking your Ads will be the crowd to your future ads and promotions unless they withdraw themselves from getting notifications of such.
• Facebook is a base for play and liberty. You can pose ads the way you want your crowd to grasp.
• Psychological researches show that people are more inclined to pictures of human beings showing ecstatic emotions.
Why not Facebook?
• People log into Facebook to socialize with people and it’s not always that you find users looking forward to buy services and products through Facebook. This poses as a serious problem when companies concentrate on click through rate and high conversion rates.
• High PPC costs make Facebook lose points. Facebook might have to focus on increasing their price model so that niche markets are not left out.
What about Google?
• Quoting a common marketing adage “Half the money I spend on advertising is wasted. The trouble is I don’t know which half.” With Google Adwords, each facet of your marketing campaign is computable- click through rate (CTR), cost per click (CPC), cost per acquisition (CPA) and such. Google, with its very committed team frequently optimizes your campaign.
• You can choose which way to advertise- through Google’s own Search Network or Google’s Display Partner.
• Google now provides a new narrow Geo Focus, which essentially helps you to narrow down your Advertisement’s list of destinations. This way you can have more of a refined a result rather than a heavy traffic resulting in a chaos.
Dejections with Google
• Complaints are that Google is turning out to be more expensive than it was, a few years ago. Keyword competition is raging with most common keywords posing to be lavish and more of an upscale. Cost per click (CPC) for favored keywords range between $3 and $8.
• Google requires utmost creative keywords, and therefore you might have to stir yourself up to think of some real good combinations, going hypothetic about what users might look for.
What’s truly worth it?
Both Google and Facebook stand out for hooking up with a gigantic audience and both are essentially the best advertising channels. With Facebook being an ever-rising social media enterprise and Google on the other hand being a for-sure search engine, the comparison between the both on terms of ‘who advertises the best’ becomes inevitable. While there is still a humongous gap between both companies, Facebook appears to be catching up. In conclusion, Facebook is the most preferred and the best investment, in terms of budget and focus. While if you wish to advertise with Google, ensure that you end up being the most creative ‘keyword maker’ or advertise for popular products so that generating keywords is easier.