The idea that society can save your business and increase your revenue massively is no longer a tale. It is a must for big corporate businesses and even more needed for small startup companies.
Social media can be used for more than just personal use. And once any business owner discovers how to take advantage of these platforms, then you and your customers can find each other and grow at the same pace. If you have still not gotten the hang of how social networking platforms work, then there is nothing to be scared of, it will just take a bit of a learning curve.
So, how do you effectively stimulate your business using social media in today’s digital marketing world? Find out more from the steps below.
#1 Decide Which Platforms to Use
This might sound like a no-brainer but most businesses still go about it the wrong way. You want to make sure that the social media platforms you are using are tailored to help you scale your business. Not all platforms handle the same content, so it’s important for you to know which social networks favor which niches better.
When deciding on the platform to use, always think about the most essential part of your business – the customers. Another thing to consider is the type of products you create. It’s absolutely pointless to create accounts on the social networks that don’t cater to your target audience. This makes it easier for them to find and connect with your business.
The ideal thing is to research all the platforms used by your potential customers and then find a way to make your business relevant to them. If you create editorial news content, then Facebook, Twitter, and Reddit are worth considering.
If you don’t want to take any chances, then go all out and create profiles in all the major social networking platforms. Here are a few of them and how they can help your business.
- Facebook. This is by far the most used networking platform with over 2 billion active users monthly. Facebook will come in handy if you want to generate leads for your company and foster stronger relationships with clients.
Another great thing with Facebook is that it’s used by people from various cultures and languages. You can further expand your business and reach a broader audience by utilizing online translation services like Word Point. You’d be surprised how much scaling your business will achieve from simply speaking in a common language with others.
- Twitter. Another great platform for growing your business. With Twitter, you can reach your target audience faster and efficiently with time-sensitive information on products and services. You can do this too with Facebook but Twitter just works more quickly.
- Pinterest. This networking platform is definitely not for all kinds of products. It is excellent for businesses’ visual appeal as it’s mainly a photo-sharing site. So, this could cut across industries like food, photography, travel, events, art, and many others. You want to ensure that the photos saved to your Pinterest Boards are linked to your site to drive sales per click.
- LinkedIn. Unlike other social networking sites that are primarily B2C(Business to Client), LinkedIn can make both B2C and B2C businesses thrive and scale. You can easily build a professional profile that fosters trust and authority using this platform, it’s certainly great for engaging your audience too.
- Instagram. This platform is ideal for both images and videos. You can drive customers directly to your landing page and engage with your audience immediately. With Instagram, you can offer discount codes and promotions to your users. You can also improve your products using direct feedback from your customers.
- Youtube. When it comes to this platform, the only type of content you can put out are videos. It’s not like the aforementioned platforms that can smoothly incorporate both videos and photos. However, you can also drive sales by creating videos that appeal to a certain type of audience.
Just make sure that it’s captivating and interesting enough to make them want to visit your site.
- Snapchat. Considered as one of the fastest-growing networking sites today. Your business should leverage it by offering exclusive access and promotions to your target audience. It’s also an excellent tool for giving customers real-life updates on new products and services.
#2 Post Regularly
It’s not enough to have a social media account, whether on one or multiple platforms, you need to establish your presence by posting quality content regularly. This method helps potential leads and customers to know that you are active, and they’ll likely follow you. It will also ensure that you pop up on their feed every other day.
#3 Avoid Excessive Ads
If it feels as if you are trying too hard on social media, you may end up hurting your brand. While you are allowed to promote your business on any networking platform, try not to be excessive. If your followers think you are all about self-promotion without quality content, they will spam you.
#4 Build Trust with Customers
This one is a no-brainer. In fact, this is all that you should focus on with every post. a s already mentioned, you should never try to promote yourself on every post, because it makes your customers or followers think that you care little about the authenticity of your product in and just after the money.
A great way to build trust with customers is by collaborating with influencers on social media. When a well known influencer genuinely talks about your product to their trusted fanbase, it creates a ripple effect for your brand and drives traffic to your website; therby increasing sales.
#5 Encourage Feedback From Your Followers
The last but not the least way to use social media to your advantage is by encouraging your customers to give feedback of your product. This can be done by leaving reviews on the internet. This can be done on either your website or any of your retailers. This will encourage potential customers to buy your product thereby increasing sales.
Quick response to complaints or concerns helps you keep your existing customers and gain potential clients.
The good thing about social media is that it is a very effective tool to promote your business while keeping costs low. You can get first hand feedback from customers which helps you improve your product and services. You need to recognise your niche and demographic use the most appropriate platform to scale your business.