Marketing through emails or use of mails for marketing and promotion is called email marketing. But a better explanation of email marketing is to use email messages to develop a personal relationship with targeted customers. Also it is a way of communication with loyal clients. When you have an offer for a client, you draft an interesting mail and send it to the client.
Is email marketing mass mailing?
There was a time when emails were sent in bulk. It is called bulk mailing but it doesn’t fit into the definition of marketing. In bulk emails, you target all the clients with the single mail. A common mail is drafted and sent to a number of email ids and this number could be in thousands. In bulk mails, the focus is on sending the messages instead of on quality of the message.
How to DOUBLE Your Email Open Rates (4 Email Marketing Tips to Get Over 30% Email Open Rates)
Advantages of email marketing
1. It enhances the personal relationship between business and customers
2. It helps in offering discounts
3. Email messages can be used for launching new products and services
4. Businesses can educate targeted clients about advantages of their products
5. Emails can be timed and also they can be targeted towards specific geographic areas
6. The marketing messages can be personalized for maximum exposure
How to run email marketing campaigns?
Emails can be tracked to find how many emails are successfully sent and opened. You can change the mail message to make it more interesting. Also, you can add a link to your website in the message.