Reputation management is an old PR term an extensively used to understand how a business is perceived among the customers and public. It’s an important measure ensured by companies to check on the damaging information on them, as these will impact on the brand image.
With the growth of the digital world, this term has taken its importance in the web world as an online reputation management or Digital Reputation. It has become a major source of information for a customer to be familiar with a company or brand. Before making a decision to purchase or using a service, people tend to read reviews and feedbacks on it.
It’s even critical for an individual to maintain up their digital reputation clean. There could be instances wherein somebody could have posted a negative person, or several information from the past that could hamper future prospects, might need immediate attention to be managed. These days, even companies check digitally on the subject of interviewers as a piece of background check before making a decision of hiring.
Why only jobs, infact in the cases of marriages these days one does the background check of the person through digital media.
- To help push down the negative feedbacks which will hamper the content and brand image.
- An essential marketing strategy to stay ahead of competitors to maintain a high market reputation.
- An open approach towards a system of interaction with customers for one on one basis which leads to trust among them.
- Once a trust be built for a customer, brand loyalty builds further.
- Increase visibility in the market for growing the business base with the addition of new customers.
- It’s helpful to ensure if the brand image is being intentionally tampered.
- Not only customers, also to attract employees to work for a certain brand. Before attending for a job interview people check the feedback on websites similar to glassdoor, from their current or previous employee feedback.
- It’s essential for an individual also to clean up their digital reputation with negative comments, which might hamper their future professional prospective for an individual.
Measures for Online Reputation Management
- Continuous content management, keeping a track if anything negative being posted online.
- Create a platform to encourage customers for sharing their product and service feedback.
- Handling complaints from the customers immediately resolving the issue on the same.
- Updating social media with positive information and pictures.
- Working on search engine optimization with the right keywords and feedbacks, while pushing down the negative information below in the search results.
- Conduct surveys among the customers using softwares for example, net promoter scores, which help in ensuring the customer loyalty.
Consequences for not taking timely measures
- Random bloggers and competitive brands posting defamatory content, to harm the reputation of the brand.
- Losing customer base and loyalty i.e. losing business.
- Once a brand reputation and customer base is gone, it resembles as gifted a golden opportunity to the opponent team.
- Not managing brand reputation shows a brand’s not serious regarding its image and responsibility.
- It also shows the brand is not concerned about its customers and to resolve the customer issues.
- An individual can easily lose an opportunity lying ahead the road.
As our lives are becoming increasingly virtual than real, there’s a constant need to manage our digital profile. Technology opens the doors to the entire world in an instance. Which has its own positive and negative effects, be as a brand or as an individual one has to be at par with millions of people living around us.
For Infographic- Click Here